having a power flush righ now

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all;

Right now having a power flush the thing is that my radiators are aluminum and can't use the chemical to cleaned which one should he used in this case?

Sponsored Links
Not if it is acidic, acid aint good for your rads :(

This job should take 3 or 4 hours if done correctly.

Sponsored Links
Found it by googling. Looks like a standard sort of flocculating agent. No warnings about reacting with anything at all.
So, depending on your problem, it'll probably help.
Plain water usually helps a lot!

My sympathies go to the guy doing the flush, he's doing his job & your checking up on him as he's doing it!
Just hope you remember the guy needs paying for it.

ChrisR said:
Found it by googling. Looks like a standard sort of flocculating agent. No warnings about reacting with anything at all.
So, depending on your problem, it'll probably help.
Plain water usually helps a lot!

Give us the link Chris ;)

keego said:
My sympathies go to the guy doing the flush, he's doing his job & your checking up on him as he's doing it!
Just hope you remember the guy needs paying for it.

I was thinking that.. very cheeky.

Adey Detox is fine to use on Ally and so far we have been very impressed. Does scale as well as sludge too.

I will hapily pay once the job is done. Just I want to make sure that I will have as a new system :LOL:

Just I want to make sure that I will have as a new system

It won't be like new but should be better than before the flush if you where having heating/water problems.

david3331 said:
I will haply pay once the job is done. Just I want to make sure that I will have as a new system :LOL:

Unlikely - depending on the type and layout you will end up with a much improved system; but the very fact that you are on here while he is actually doing the work (as is implied) is rather mistrustful.

Making a system as new can only be done by instaling a new system. You might have inherent faults on the layout that need replumbing. The radiators might be very thin walled due to corrosion and need replacing. You could have old leaks that have sealed over the years that can be opened by powerflushing. None of these things can be held over the poor sod trying to clean the system (although perhaps he should notice that the plumbing could be incorrect).

The company has no previous knowledge of heating system chemical cleaning and the products are a recent addition to their range.

I have doubts about their claims when it comes to their recommended procedures. They say it is sufficient to powerflush all the radiators together ie all valves open. You would need an incredibably powerful flushing pump to guarantee all the radiators and pipework are cleaned using this method.

I beleive its a marketing trick to convince installers the job can be done quicker.

Do the job properly and close off the valves and wash each radiator/circuit in turn.

Me thinks 3 to 4 hours a tad too quick to do a proper flush.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back