having central heating fitted - combine with bathroom refit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm about to see installers for quotes on a complete new central heating system.

My bathroom is also in a right state and I thought I may get some economies of scale by having both done together. Do people agree?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Possibly, but I would suspect the quality of someone who could offer a discount to do both at the same time.

Whether they are done together or seperately the cost and time involved to do a proper job remain the same, apart from a very small bit of having the bathroom floor up for both.

Go for quotes on quality, after sales care and preferably recommendations rather than just the cheapest offer.

At the end of the day it is up to you of course.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

The reason I think it would be better to do both together is that as I want a combi fitted I plan to have the existing airing cupboard which houses the storage cylinder removed to create a more spacious bathroom.

Therefore the heating installer is going to have to be more thoughtful about where he runs the pipework, and will have to reroute the tap plumbing and shower connections anyway for my new bathroom layout, which I think then need to be hidden behind a false wall in the bathroom.

The new bathroom layout therefore, will need to be known in advance so the heating installer knows what to do with the heating plumbing and I thought to be safe it would be better if the two jobs were combined so the heating installer can work with the bathroom installer (or do both jobs) so that the plumbing is coordinated.

I know I didn't mention any of this up front but didn't want to confuse! You are probably right about the cost and i'm not looking to get a huge duscount for doing both jobs. More worried about the coordination really.

Yes it would be better to co-ordinate the 2 jobs as you suggest, whether its the same firm or as I do, pass the bathroom side to a mate who I know is reliable and does a good job.

We can't be experts in all fields.

Sponsored Links
Yes I'm going to ask the heating installers about it when they quote and if they have someone to recommend then i'll do that.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back