Header tank emptied, now no water to bath etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The ball valve thingy got stuck a bit open the other day in my header tank and was overflowing so i shut the valve to the tank off. My plumber can't make it round to sort it till monday BUT the wife then emptied the header tank, even though i filled the tank now there is no water to any taps supplied by the tank........

Anyway I can get it running again without being a plumber? please help asap, the wife is starting to smell

Sponsored Links
you have an airlock in the pipework to the taps.

Any advice how to clear it then :LOL:

Try turning all the taps on that use the tank, if that dosnt work you could try & put a hose pipe down the outlet from the tank, or if its not a mixer tap hose pipe up from the tap.
Not easy not known your configeration

Sponsored Links
you might also consider buying a new ball valve for about a fiver, and fitting it yourself. Often you can unscrew the large ring nut holding the working parts, and swap those for the ones in the tank, leaving the "stem" fixed into the side of the tank and to the supply pipe. this may not even need a spanner if it is a plastic one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back