Hear Hear

I've had tinnitus for the past 15 years - you get used to ignoring it.
I'm well aware of that, obviously, but there are times as you know. My job also relies on me hearing shy children, so if I can improve my hearing then it's worth a punt.

@Bahco - have considered learning sign, and if the op doesn't work out then I'll endeavour to do so.

Sponsored Links
Cantaloup, You've had problems in the ear'ole department for quite some considerable time, if I remember correctly.

Are you saying........... You've had to wait and plead for this op ?
Or were they hoping they would get better, but have now finally agreed ???
Did they get worse ???

Good luck either way, I was just interested.

Lamby - I hoped for the op many years ago partly because I was too vain to wear an aid. 18 months ago I invested in a pair of top-drawer aids out of my own pocket to avoid raiding the coffers of the public purse. One of these "tops up" certain frequencies in the good ear, but the other is of limited value due the the tinnitus and otherwise silence from the bad ear. The bad ear has now become utterly useless. I went to the GP partly due to an ongoing earache problem in the bad ear, which I managed to research and largely resolve (it's to do with clearing the eustacheon tube ;) ), and he referred me to the ENT department.

To be honest, if the NHS had turned me down, I would quite happily have paid the £2000 or so to have it done privately anyway. As it is, the NHS have agreed to do the operation. The real irony is that if the NHS had refused, then the private consultant who I would have paid to do it is in fact the NHS consultant anyway.

I genuinely hope it all goes well.
(Had you been an illegal immigrant 'on holiday' you would no doubt have been rushed in. Priority red. )

I've just had a thought.

If you ended up deaf as a post, would you swop that for blindness, or being mute.??

Difficult one.

Sponsored Links
Can cause problems though.

If you were blind and very happily married, great sex life, loved everything about your wife.....
Then after a miraculous operation to regain your sight, you are then completely horrified to find that the woman you're married to, is nothing like what you imagined. The whole perception she was a 'cracker' lost forever.

Can cause problems though.

If you were blind and very happily married, great sex life, loved everything about your wife.....
Then after a miraculous operation to regain your sight, you are then completely horrified to find that the woman you're married to, is nothing like what you imagined. The whole perception she was a 'cracker' lost forever.
True, but if mute at least you don't have to talk to her, and if deaf you don't have to listen to her ;) . This is one of the things that does genuinly concern me - increase in noise. I've been very happy in the peace and tranquility of my deafness and consistent whistle, but this may soon (and hopefully) be a thing of the past.

That's kinda my point. She's gonna nag your ass off and you're gonna hear every word.

Could all end in tears. :LOL:

Just like the blind man.

That's kinda my point. She's gonna nag your ass off and you're gonna hear every word.

Could all end in tears. :LOL:

Just like the blind man.
It's at times like this that one laments the loss of certain posters who can draw the fire away from one, whilst harsh realities sink in :confused: :LOL:

So, I'll have to do a quick parody - Why post, and abuse, and not read? IDIOT. :LOL: :LOL:

You can talk the hind leg off a donkey with your bad ear...........
God help us if both work :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PS good luck.

Passes a nice bikky wif a cupa coffee. The bourbons are gone, dunked in my tea...lol
Should stop the hicky fits :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back