Heat exchanger gone?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, worcester 28si II boiler, dripping overflow pipe for last 3 weeks, got worse in last few days to a trickle. Pressure high and this will be the reason for the dripping. I have bled radiator of about 20liter of water over the last few days, pressure drops but then rises. I thought could be filling loop passing water but have disconected this so no water getting through that way. Have turned of mains water to boiler and this seems to keep pressure down but when i turn it back on again and use the hot water tap it is back to high pressure. I am hoping not Heat exchanger as part is costly but can it be anything else? Any help or advice much apreciated.

Sponsored Links
If you have a plate heat ex then that is the culprit. If you have a dual pass main heat ex then that is faulty

Thanks for the reply "weareleeds" (see you next season from a Derby Fan!)
How do i know if it is a plate HX or dual pass? But does that mean eaither way it needs replacing? heat exchanger for this boiler is approx £170+vat.

Sponsored Links
How do i know if it is a plate HX or dual pass?
You will have one or the other, not both - see the manual cos I can't remember...!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back