Heat Line C28 Condensate Drain fitted correctly?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

I had a new Heat Line C28 Condensing Combi Boiler fitted 3 months ago by Northern Gas. Everything has been running great, no problems, very happy.

HOWEVER, as I was searching the kitchen for plastic bags today I noticed the floor under the boiler was wet. The boiler is fitted in a cupboard in the kitchen, and to be honest, it's probably the first time I've been in it since the boiler was fitted. Like I said, no problems.

Well, being of an engineering ilk I investigated and it appears that the condensate drain is leaking. Now, here's the rub, the condensate drain hose/pipe is connected to the SIDE of the condensate drain trap (?), not on the bottom where it's leaking. There appears to be a pipe going from the front of the boiler BACK to the trap, with the drain hose/pipe coming out the side and then down to the domestic drain. The leak is from the bottom of the trap where, according to the manual, the hose should be fitted.

So, to make a long story slightly longer, is the "side" take off from the trap an acceptable option, or has it been fitted wrong?
Can I just remove the "side" take off and fit it to the bottom of the trap?

Hope this makes sense, thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Stu.

Sponsored Links
If it's something I can fix myself I'd rather not call them back. Not because they weren't any good, just that I don't want to take a day off work to wait for them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back