heat line sargon 35 f4 ionisation problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a two year old boiler that has stopped working with a f4 ionisation problem. I can replace this sensor but what worries me is that it may be more and there is only 1 order day left before xmas and telling the wife there is no heating for two weeks would not be fun

Sponsored Links
Hi, I'm having the same problem as we speak. The boiler has completely shutdown with F4 fault code. I read somewhere that switching from 0 to water 4 times resets the code and this works for a short while however the problem recurrs so I'm assuming there is an underlying problem. The pressure is low and when I try to fill it up by turning the screw it doesn't increase pressure as it normally does. Tried calling Heatline Vaillant but they aren't available till tomorrow. Any help especially on Christmas day would be greatly apreciated. Merry Christmas to All.

Replacing the sensor would involve opening the combustion chamber which brings it outside diy territory.
Could be warrantee job, why don't you call the guy that installed it?

Vaillant are not available till tomorrow morning, I was hoping someone could point me towards the condensate trap which Ive heard mention of. Cheers

Sponsored Links
I have never heard of Vaillant ever being available on a Sunday either!

Tony

I didnt realise it was Sunday tomorrow but I'm pleased to say we seem to be getting to the route of the problem, as I've read elsewhere there is a blue cap on top of the condensor trap (I think its called) this was damp. We have dried it off and it seems to be working ok. I think the trap may need drying completely as the problem recurred after replacing sensor but after drying again all seems well.

Sunday has always followed saturday in my experience.

Are you sure your condensate outlet pipe is not frozen or blocked?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back