Heating a conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone any thoughts on this
My house has an annex which my mother lives in and part of the annex is a conservatory which is used by her during the day but not at night. Currently there is a radiator in the con which is attached to the CH in our side of he house it heats up ok as the con is about 50% glass the rest being cavity insulated wall. CH is gas. When we are out during the day the CH has to remain on to heat my mothers rooms 1+ conservatory. The way I get around it is to turn off the radiators in our side and leave them on in the annex. I am just wondering how much energy switching rads off actually saves ?
Would I be better with storage rads in the 2 room annex. This seems a good solution as the heat is needed in there during the day but not usually after 7-8 oclock at night. My mother usually goes to bed early and reads.

Any help greatfully appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Have you considered an electrically powered air to air heat pump?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back