Heating comes on when it shouldn't

L

longdogs

Hi

I have an IDEAL EVO HE C22/30 with Drayton Digistat RF1 (wireless)

Noticed last night that my heating suddenly came on despite being on auto timer. I also noticed that the pressure was right down to about 0.3 bar (normally on 1.5bar. I refilled the system and checked for leaks but could see none, also checked for signs of PRV having activated but nothing there.

This morning, pressure is still ok but heating still comes on whether on Auto or Off. The only way to turn it off is by the isolator switch.

Am I right in thinking that the problem is with the Digistat receiver?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Is the boiler in a cold location, e.g the garage? If so, it could be the frost stat turning the boiler on.

Persevere and you might get the answer !

Had an identical situation with a boiler recently I installed a couple of years ago.

Tenant rings me and tells me boiler is coming on when it shouldn't... virtually all the time !

Eventually I'm by the boiler with wireless thermostat in my hand took batteries out then receiver lit up and boiler fired up !

Then I remembered a few years ago doing a job in Durham everytime I went in to the house the customers would run to their front door ? !
Everytime I used my van remote control it made their wireless door bell ring !

I'd left all the pontets in the wireless stat and receiver as the manufacturer had fitted them, so I altered the setting problem cured.
Obviously a neighbour had had a stat fitted with the pontets in the same default setting and they were interfering with each other !

So change the slider positions in the stat and reciever.

Is the boiler in a cold location, e.g the garage? If so, it could be the frost stat turning the boiler on.

Yes boiler is in the loft so could be a bit cold up there. I will look into this.

What I've noticed is this: Boiler regularly fires up at intervals during the day and during the night. Apparently this is normal. I normally hear a short fire up then it stops followed by anopther fire up then a knock then it continues for a couple of minutes then stops.

This what is happening now except it does'nt stop. I get heat in all the rads but not up to full temperature.

Sponsored Links
Persevere and you might get the answer !

Had an identical situation with a boiler recently I installed a couple of years ago.

Tenant rings me and tells me boiler is coming on when it shouldn't... virtually all the time !

Eventually I'm by the boiler with wireless thermostat in my hand took batteries out then receiver lit up and boiler fired up !

Then I remembered a few years ago doing a job in Durham everytime I went in to the house the customers would run to their front door ? !
Everytime I used my van remote control it made their wireless door bell ring !

I'd left all the pontets in the wireless stat and receiver as the manufacturer had fitted them, so I altered the setting problem cured.
Obviously a neighbour had had a stat fitted with the pontets in the same default setting and they were interfering with each other !

So change the slider positions in the stat and reciever.

I did look on the manufacturer's website and they state that this cannot happen but I think you might have a good point. I think I read that the range is about 30 meters so neighbours could have different time settings to me. I will dig out the instruction booklet and see if it mentions how to change the settings.

Thanks

Could it be ....my new lap top with wireless internet? I've noticed that that whenever I'm on the web, my heating starts up?????? Has anyone else had this problem?

I changed the batteries in the digistat and re-set it and problem seems to have stopped. Not quite sure why that worked but it did. Thanks for your replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back