Heating fine but no hot water!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

hope someone can help.

I have a Vailant combi boiler. All of my radiators appear to be working fine but the hot water doesn't. All I get is intermittant warm water through the taps. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I have the same problem.Valliant ecotec pro 28 Combi. The radiators are working ok but no hot water when I turn the taps on, instead the radiators heat up even when I switch the heating off. I called up Valliant and they replaced the diverter valve yesterday, it worked a bit but today same problem, no hot water.

Apologies for the delay - it's a Vaillant TurboMax Plus. But I'm not sure if it's the 824E or the 828E. And I don't know how to find that out.

Ronald200 - crikey! I have similar problems to yours too. My heating comes on regardless of what the thermostat controller says and even if I turn the heating temperature dial ALL the way down on the boiler! It's ridiculous!

Sponsored Links
Its not ridiculous, its just that these boiler are not very reliable and particularly the diverter valve fails within a few years of installation.

I am surprised the boiler failed just after having a new diverter though, perhaps he did not push the plug in firmly or at all.

Tony

Okay Agile thanks.

Let me be clear, I am getting the occasional blast of warm water out of the taps.

So do you reckon a new diverter valve will solve all of these problems?

And roughly how much cash are we talking?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back