Heating not coming on just Hot Water ?

RAP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any one HELP? The Radiators Fail to come on when switched on at the control box. The Hot Water Will come on however. I have traced the fault - their are two Honeywell V4043 Motorised Zone Valves, on the pipes out of the Oil fueled boiler. One is I assume the Hot Water which is Working, the other must be the Heating. I pushed the switch on the V4043 from Auto to Manual Open, and Radiators started to heatup, at the same time I kept the HotWater ON, so the Pump was running. DO I need to just buy a new V4043 (I think it is the Normally Closed Type valve)? Does this valve also switch on the boiler and pump, because if I switch off the HotWater, then the pump stops, hence just opening the Heating Valve to Manual, will not in its self start the pump etc, if I have the HotWater switched Off. Am I on the right tracks, or could there be an electrical fault of some sort instead?
Any Comments much appreciated!
Richard.

Sponsored Links
yep your getting there almost certaintly its a broken zone valve, not to familiar with the valve you state but you normally can just change the head of the valve try swopping them.
a zone valve has to be open for the boiler to get a call for heat there is a switch circuit inside making a switched live wire out normally the orange one (heating or hot water ) if they were shut and your boiler was alight it would probably end up splitting the pipes.

You have the most popular motorised valve fiitted on systems, by the sounds of it all you reqire is a new synchron motor in it cost approx£10 from BQ

Thanks, for your replies. I am going to try and buy and fit a new motor inside the valve. In the mean time I have Opened the valve to the MANUAL OPEN position. This means that when the HOTWATER switches on it now also causes the radiators to heat up as well. If I operate the system like this for a while until I can fix it properly, will this have any adverse effects ?

Sponsored Links
Can't see any (adverse effects). If you turn the boiler stat down and the cylinder stat UP, the boiler will stay on trying hopelessly to heat the water. So keeping your rads warm.

Thanks, This seems to be working, The Radiators are staying Hot, the only difference is that the hotwater is not as warm as it should normally be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back