Heating not going off on timer

boiler seems to start for a minute and then stops
Mine and yours were posted at the same time.
Your boiler is firing then, any heat at pipes by diverter valve?
Any heat at pipes by boiler?
Diverter is behaving as it should isn't it?

Sponsored Links
Boiler seems to be firing I do have heat at the 3 port valve on both sides so hot cant keep hands on it but no heat at rads, water is hot at the taps.
When i twisted the valve could it be I turned it 180 degrees ? I quite sure i didnt but could that be it. All the test you said the valve went in correct pos

I can hear the sound of rushing water into the boiler, I think I need to get someone in tomorrow, or may have to wait until my new controller turns up fit that and then get someone in just not happy about messing about inside the boiler. Thanks for all the help so far i will let you know the outcome once fixed.
Cliff

When i twisted the valve could it be I turned it 180 degrees
Spindle only turns 90 degrees so not possible and head only fits in one position.
Turn cyl stat down, valve moves to H and heating pipe should now be getting hot?
If not, remove head from valve and turn the spindle manually. You should be able to divert the heat to water or to rads.

Sponsored Links
Again crossed posts, I am beginning to doubt that your pump is running.
If it has a big screw in the centre removing this, there will be a bit of water so have a rag handy, you can put a screwdriver on the end of the spindle and feel if it is spinning or help it to start

I can feel the pump running and even turn it up to 2 or 3 and it runs more would it make a noise at all it not working I believe it was only about a year ago the pump was changed.

Put your pump on 3
Did you

Turn cyl stat down, valve moves to H and heating pipe should now be getting hot?
If not, remove head from valve and turn the spindle manually. You should be able to divert the heat to water or to rads.

have tried that still no heat I have also removed the valve head and moved the spindle by hand nothing. so I guess it must be the pump ?

Your pump is running, the boiler is firing, you have heat at the diverter valve and can send it to cylinder.
If you switch valve to heating does the heat start to flow down the heating pipe?
If not have you turned all your radiator valves off?

Just taken the front of the pump off as suggested and all moves freely, I am going to give up thanks again I appreciate your time on trying to help me solve it

Just spotted your last post no rads are all turned on and no heat at all in pipes a couple of rads are luke warm

Finally got a heating engineer in and you will not guess what it was ; when i checked the 3 port valve and noticed it was jammed i moved it with a spanner to free it up but in doing so i snapped it. The problem was it didn't come out the top of the valve so when putting the head back on it moved to correct position etc. but didn't move the valve body. Engineer twisted it and it came off in his hands. Now need to replace the valve but currently have heating. Thanks again for all the help Daveydub

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back