heating not working downstairs but is upstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a communal heating system in a block of flats the radiators keep going off downstairs, the system is a drop down system
the return has been drained and they had the system running for a week and now it has happened again just stops working, upstairs is hot and fine the rads do not need bleeding upstairs or down
the pipes leading to the thermostat side of the rad in the hallway is very hot but the pipe the other side is barely luke warm
both pipes leading to the rad in the front room are cold does anyone have any ideas the pump has been changed to a larger one still no luck

Sponsored Links
tried that before they fixed it before and left me with no heating in two of three rooms upstairs

did
the
downstairs
rads
warm
up
?
We're plumbers - pulling teeth is not our speciality.

Sponsored Links
briefly then then both downstairs and then 2 upstairs went cold but one later warmed up again upstairs

its communal so i would guess under the building
i do have a tank upstairs and the hot water is running fine

Tap water tank is irrelevant.
Sounds like it's not in your hands but the whole system needs flushing out and rebalancing.

it seems that way but getting them to take the risk of everyone losing their heating and it not coming back on, thx anyway mate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back