Heating not working potterton EP2002

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just tried the heating after the summer and the rads are not getting warm at all. The boiler seems to fire up but nothing happens. The hot water is working fine.
Last winter we had a similar problem when the rads upstairs would be on fine but when we came down stairs they were stone cold. Someone did come out and balance the rads and that seemed to work but not 100%. It has abviously been off all summer and now we dont have any rads warm.
Any ideas please. The bolier is a potterton Netaheat 10-16. Thanks [/b]

Sponsored Links
If balancing didn't do the trick, the pump is not sufficient.
Ep 2000 series are horrid, and often installed/setup wrong which would aggravate the problem.
2 port or 3 port system?
What kind of bypass?

Tr turning up the pump speed to the highest setting?

Is the motorised valve working (problem same as mine)!! .... Could be the room stat is not calling ... faulty programmer .. pump running??

Sponsored Links
Put the slider on the EP2002 to continuous, ensure the room thermostat is calling for heat (if fitted) Place a large screw drive against the pump motor and your ear, can you ear the motor spinning round or is there just a dull buzzing noise, if the later is the case, the pump motor is probably stuck, remove the slotted screw at the front of the pump with the large srewdriver, you may need a vessel and some old towels for this as there maybe a small amount of water when you remove this screw, with a slightly smaller screw driver, rotate the pump motor clockwise, I'm presuming your system is pumped central heating and gravity hot water, therefore the pump hasn't been used during the summer months and has just stuck. Good luck

proffessorplumb1";p="1357619 said:
Put the slider on the EP2002 to continuous, ensure the room thermostat is calling for heat (if fitted) Place a large screw drive against the pump motor and your ear, can you ear the motor spinning round or is there just a dull buzzing noise, if the later is the case, the pump motor is probably stuck, remove the slotted screw at the front of the pump with the large srewdriver, you may need a vessel and some old towels for this as there maybe a small amount of water when you remove this screw, with a slightly smaller screw driver, rotate the pump motor clockwise, I'm presuming your system is pumped central heating and gravity hot water, therefore the pump hasn't been used during the summer months and has just stuck. Good luck[/quo
te]

Thankyou for your quick reply. I will give it a go and let you know.

I have managed to take the cover screw off but I just can't seem to turn the valve inside, the only screwdriver I have small enough just dosnt seem to be strong enough. Any suggestions? and when it does work loose, how far do i turn it?

If you are successful the pump motor will rotate and the pump will start to spin, you have identified a strong screw- driver maybe required for this task. Failing this a new pump maybe your only option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back