heating on when not required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am working on a potterton prima f boiler with 2 x 2 port danfoss valves I am not sure which make of programmer the problem I have got is the boiler works fine on hot water when calling for demand but on the heating side there is no control the room stat is on 0 the programmer is is off and I have also removed the programmer from the wall but the boiler still fires up can you help
Thanks
oggy morris

Sponsored Links
CH valve end switch still closed. If you are qualified and"working on a Prima boiler" you should be able to work out what is wrong.
What other fault finding have you done on this system, and have you got a multimeter? Those heads are removable so you can check the valve spindle etc.

Hi pete i am newly qualifid. I think i have worked it out if the ch valve has
gone to an open circuit it would then power up the boiler is that correct Gary

Sponsored Links
No, that is not correct. You have an S Plan system, and one of the switches in one of the power heads is remaining closed and sending a feed to the boiler via the orange wire. Google S plan diagram and study it to get to grips with the way it works.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back