Heating-Turn off summer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,Thank's for looking,in our shared house we have vaillant boiler(pls chk My images )quite old ,couldn't find the model number.
We like to turn off the central heating water flow pipe off,but don't know which one is that,could any one pls have look at the picture and tell us,which valve we have to turn off so that heating won't turn on even the main heating switch in the front panel is on.
The big round cap with Red colour- thermostat ,i couldn't turn to low,its not rotating at all!!!

Thank's

Sponsored Links
That knob is to alter tne hot water flow rate.

Why do you want to turn off the flow pipe?

It is a combination boiler so the heating is controlled by a separate clock or thermostat on the wall. In fact there is a summer winter switch on the front.

It is a combination boiler so the heating is controlled by a separate clock or thermostat on the wall. In fact there is a summer winter switch on the front.

Hello Dan,Thank's for reply,Yes you are correct,there is a seperate thermostat on the wall,there is a switch too in the boiler to turn off,i want to turn off the valve bcoz,i am living in a shared house where two of the tenants doesn't care about the gas,they switching on the heating this summer too all time,worst is every body has to share the bills!!! Landlord doesn't care-they don't know about the valve so i want to close that,to keep the bills down.Hope it helps.Awaiting your reply.

Sponsored Links
Don't turn off the valve on the flow. It will upset the boiler.

It needs to dump excess heat down the heating system after a hot water demand.

These are service valves. Not user controls.

You'll have to come up with some other method.

Shouting helps I find. But then I am on the large side.

Thank's Dan,Brassedoff-
Shouting helps- :LOL: ,Tried- it may work with people having self respect and common sense???!!!!!!

Thought about locking radiators,but i can't enter inside their room's.Is there any other way ??? which one is the Gas valve,just to turn off entire system if they switch on heating :?:

Thank's Dan,Brassedoff-
Shouting helps- :LOL: ,Tried- it may work with people having self respect and common sense???!!!!!!

Thought about locking radiators,but i can't enter inside their room's.Is there any other way ??? which one is the Gas valve,just to turn off entire system if they switch on heating :?:

There is a switch on the front with a picture of a tap and another of a tap and radiator. . Pushing it to the tap will disable the heating.

It sounds as if the problem extends beyond the heating controls.

I know those kind of people they wear shorts and teeshirts and like the heating on all the time.

You are a more sensible type who wears a pullover if its coolish and minimises fuel use/cost.

All I can say is that those two types are just not compatible!

You should say that you will no longer contribute to the gas costs above a suitable amount for the hot water! That might make them see sense but probably will not!

Tony

Dan-They know about the switch,so no use.
Agile-Exactly right that's what happening,Sense-afraid not at all!!!!,I already told them,now trying to get this sort out legally,thank you guys .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back