Heating wont work unless hot water is on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a look around and cant find an answer.

Just moved into a house and when I turn my HW on and CH on both work (HW also works on its own) but CH on its own doesn't boiler stays off. I believe I only have 1 2 way valve cant find any info on this setup.

Boiler is a Prima F30 and all the components have ACL Lifestyle on them.

I have tried thermostats to full and heating works 100% when HW is on.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

[net]193966/50937_3//media.diynot.com/194000_193966_50937_38013289_thumb.jpg8013289.jpg[/net]

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
That's an old idea.
The valve is more likely only connected to the wall stat, The boiler fires from the hw on.

Can be converted to a s plan with another valve, cylinder stat giving you more control over the hw etc.

You can either add another 2 port valve after the tee going into the top of your cylinder coil and a cylinder stat which would convert it to an s plan, or do away with the 2 port and cut the tee going into the top of the cylinder and add a 3 port with cylinder stat which would convert it to a y plan. As already stated it would give you a lot better control over your hot water and heating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back