Heatline compact S30 intermittent ignition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Been having issues with a heatline compact 30 s boiler not always firing. When it doesn't the air pressure switch light appears. When it fails to ignite and I open the combustion chamber (fan runs all the time whilst calling for heat and Dhw) it will spark and ignite. I am gas safe registered and await confirmation from the engineers forum. I have spoken with heatline not so useful technical and had no idea. I have tested aps and fine. Fan resistance is 46 ohms which tech said should be 18 ohms and thi has thrown me as used to higher readings. Tested PCb terminals for fan whilst demand on and fan running. Getting 230 and above . Tech said that if volt drop then it's PCb. It does drop but never below 230v . PCb or fan ? Both expensive . Feel it's fan personally but tech have thrown a curve ball now . Does anyone have experience or reading for fan
Thanks

Sponsored Links
We dont give DIY gas advice on an open forum.

If you are gas registered then I would have expected you would be asking such simple questions but if you do need to then that should be in the Combustion Chamber part of this site.

Tony

We dont give DIY gas advice on an open forum.

If you are gas registered then I would have expected you would be asking such simple questions but if you do need to then that should be in the Combustion Chamber part of this site.

Tony

All though Tony is correct about this question being in the CC you'll have to excuse his rudeness, He believes that no new people should join the industry and if they do they must start with 10 years knowledge under their belts.

Hi
For the record, still trying to access cc site by way of an email. As intermittent fault and fact that both heatline tech and vail/glowworm have all had different views both on fan readings. I only asked a simple question to see if anyone else had experienced. Life is experience Tony and everyone has more or less than some. Most of us have two feet so let's see if we can start of better with the other one we were blessed with. Thanking you all

Sponsored Links
Just be patient and wait for cc access, shouldn't be too long. Though not being overly subtle about it, Tony is right about not putting safety critical information on the open forum.

I am surprised by all remarks, however one did catch my eye. Heatline tech, Vaillant tech and glowworm tech are all operated indivdually, none of them would be able to comment on either others brands. While they maybe under the same umbrella they should be dealt with with the respective boilers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back