Heatline vizo iso valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I had British gas round today to service my boiler. They wouldn't pass the service because off leaking PRV, diverter valve and isolation valve.

Im weighing up if it is worth getting the valves repaired/replaced and seen a new PRV and diverter valve repair kit are not too expensive.

As you guys will probably know, the iso valves are sold as a set of five and cost £130+.

As I only need one(heating flow), is there an alternative to buying all five?
Maybe a standard part or a spare left over from a previous repair?
Or a salvageable one from a scrap boiler, if that's allowed?

Also, roughly how many hours labour would these repairs take?

Thanks for any advice.

Arran
[/b]

Sponsored Links
So BG, the nation's largest service organisation want you to fix your boiler before they can service it? And you're going to atempt that, then have them back! F*** me, a new low for our industry. Have they not even offered you a price for them to do the repairs?

The BG engineer said the repair would cost roughly £550 for parts and labour but will send a proper quote through the post.
He also explained the boiler was/is worth £300 so perhaps wasn't economical to repair and suggested a brand new boiler which they could fit.
It wouldn't be a repair I would attempt. I would have someone qualified to do it, providing it wouldn't cost £550, as they quoted.

I don't know if you have one near you, but.

Near me there is a second hand boiler place, basically big shed full of old boilers that you can then get parts off.

Do a search for second hand/ reconditioned parts and then call and see if they have what your looking for, or they may point you in the right direction.

Get a local engineer, and he will tell you the best thing to do with your BG contract

Sponsored Links
Perhaps now you and other readers will see that BG are not always any advantage compared with a good independent!

I would expect to charge about £126 to supply and fit a new valve!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back