Hello there to all...... and a question

mkb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just registered......... isn't it exciting.
I'm mkb ( couldn't register as Mike...someone already using that name. ) Been made redundant ! Wife and two kiddies to feed ! 47 years old ! Enjoyed decorating as a hobby for a long time so rather than go to the dole office every fortnight ( or Job Centre Plus as it's now called ) have decided to go self employed as a decorator !!!!!! Big mistake ? We'll soon find out.
Will have plenty of questions to ask. Realise it's not just a case of sticking a bit of wallpaper on a wall. Already read plenty of posts over these last few weeks as redundancy approached....great posts and very informative replies from Zampa, Papergirl etc., etc.,
Living in the Manchester area so thinking of charging £80 per day plus materials.
Had leaflets printed, got a van with my name on, got an accountant so it's s..t or bust !!!!!! Any advice ?

Sponsored Links
Good on yer matey!!! too many people think decorating is easy. Just happens that it was originally one of the longest apprenticships of 7 yrs, most joiners and electricians were 5 yrs. Like everything your only as good as your last job, so take your time. I have worked on recomendation all the time. Keep asking questions and well try to help if we can, even we are still learning !! ;)

Cheers for reply Robbie. Will certainly be asking lots of questions. Lots to learn and plenty of mistakes gonna be made but hungry kids a good incentive to make a success. Got first estimate to do tomorrow...friend of a friend.

Dont forget ,how many days at £80 + Materials = Dont underestimate a job or you'll be chasing your tail !! where in manchester are you mate ?

Sponsored Links
Hi Robbie. Sorry for late reply.......have just logged on this evenin. Am on the Prestwich / Whitefield border.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back