Help - 24CDi intermittent air pressure fault - diagnosis ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Worcester Bosch 24CDi with intermittent failure on HW and CH - following demand everything fires up as normal but sometimes (usually when I'm not looking !) after about 30 seconds fan stops and flame goes out . HW demand lamp flashes fast for 3-4 mins and then goes out. May fire up ok next time or do it again. Fault flowchart J shows this as "Pressure switch has opened .. check flue for blockage and investigate sense tubes and pressure switch". I have had a quick look and Flue & Tubes all seem fine - so I'm guessing problem with fan or the switch. Will take fan off at weekend for a good look but it spins smoothly by hand - no roughness but from outside I think it it is a little noisier than it used to be. Any easy way to confirm the culprit ? I dont want to blow into pressure switch in case I damage it but presume no such issues with cleaning fan end.

Thanks for reading

Trevor

Sponsored Links
Will take fan off at weekend
DON'T.
Call a GSR boiler mender.
I can think of several things you need to check that you'd never guess..

IF you was gas ragistered, which i assuume you are not, and you was getting an air flow fault of an intermittent nature on one of these, i would check and clean fan under running tap make sure all clear, also do the same with the venturi, as any dirt in these will cause incorrect pressure onto the APS (a little oil into the fan barings wouldnt do any harm) which will then drop out and knock off your burner, you need an RGI to do this as Chris R says

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back