HELP APOLLO 15/30 PILOT LIGHT PROBS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you help my apollo 15/30 has had new gas value new cupling and systerm been flused out pilot light will not light and stay on as soon as you let go it goes out what more can i do it is a old boiler.

Sponsored Links
Was it all fitted by a Corgi person? If so, surely they would have made sure it worked before signing it off

It was working and he said to get the system flushed which we did and then it keeps going out again my husband got it going but we had a leak from the bathroom rad and was advised to turn boiler off now cant get it going again i really cant afford a new one just before crimbo and as we have done so much to this one it seems a waste and the bloke who came out works for my brother inlaws firm and they have been trying to help he is corgi reg and all that

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately there are many reasons for the pilot to go out or become difficult to light.

Ignition electrode worn/not adjusted

Ignition cable shorting out

Pilot gas supply pipework leaking

Pilot not blocked (crisp blue flame)

Pilot adjusted correctly.

Faulty thermocouple

Faulty o/heat stat

Poor connections of stat and thermoccouple

Non genuine TC and o/heat stat used

Top socket not split/corroded

Pilot shield in place

Pilot sight glass not cracked/seals OK

Casings seals OK

Casing correctly fitted especially around TC/pilot supply pipework

Heat exchanger not blocked (very common - and can take an hour to clean out)

Blocked gas valve inlet filter

Flue not corroded

Flue outer cover plate not missing

Flue not in a high wind position

High thermostat working correctly

Bypass pipework

Bypass adjustment

Pump not running slow/ impeler not blocked

Pump overrun operating correctly

Blockages/poor water circulation

Incorrect or faulty wiring

and probably several other items..........

Most of this is within the combustion chamber so get the installer back. There are plenty of these boilers still going strong with many years life left in them.

Sometimes it can take a few visits - just start with the simplest and cheapest problems to solve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back