Help! Boiler has broken Christmas week!

no its a trap so it should always have water in it. indeed when its first installed we need to fill it to m.i before fitting it in the boiler

Thanks for that morlomanc. I just going to try switching it all on,,,Fingers crossed

Sponsored Links
whatever u do aqua dont fire up the boiler with the 'clear box' empty on water as products of combustion can enter the room :idea: hope u get it sorted

Sponsored Links
I am having issues with a vokera linea max boiler. 04 message which says either pressure or condensate trap issues. I have checked the pressures, thawed the pipes and emptied the condensate trap. When I emptied the condensate trap the boiler started working again for about 5 mins but took a while to get the water back up to a decent temp then went off again! Could it be because I took all the water out of the trap? Is there anything else I can try?

Help please!

You should start your own thread headed with your own full boiler model number.

Tony

Depending on the setup, and your skills, upgrade the pipe to 32 or preferably 40mm waste pipe. Still not guaranteed not to freeze but should help a bit.

hey aquaman,

try to lag the pipe. or wrap it up with something that can keep it warm.but saying that, it is very cold so it may still freeze.

try to get some lagging from the plumber shop and protect the pipe, then also try to put something over the pipe like a piece of ply wood so that the cold does not hit it directly.

otherwise there is not much you can do. heat it up with a hair dryer to unfreeze it and make sure the pipe is totaly clear

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back