Help/guidance required for a multijet shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to all - my problem is im about to have a hip replacement and require a shower to replace my old one ( current one is over the bath ) - have applied to have a shower etc for my needs from the council but they will only fit one in aprox 6 - 8 months ( no joke , red tape gone mad )

Anyway rather than wait for them as my condition deteriorates ( osteoarthritis) i would like to know if anybody can help me with my problem )

which is... i would like a shower with multijets i.e. a shower with a head and various jets going downward like you often see in spa's and leisure clubs since this will make washing a lot easier for me in the coming months when i get my new hip(s)

my problems so far are - i don't not have a gas supply in my area it stops aprox 200 yards away from my flat (upstairs) so combi boilers are out and my current water heater is a basic immersion which typically takes at least ( i jest thee not ) an hour to get to a reasonable temperature and who the hell wants to wait an hour for a quick 5/10 min shower !!! :D

Also my water pressure is ok(ish) since my normal shower 7.2kw works ok - im not so sure the flow will be sufficient with the amount of jets etc i would like in a multijet so am happy to put in a pump as necessary.

I have looked at 12kw instantaneous tankless water heaters and am informed that they may not be man enough for the amount of heat/flow but they are not sure dependant upon my water pressure!! am i better trying to get an unvented 15l heater to use with this type of shower ( prefer not to wait 17 mins for water reheat if poss but if thats the only way... )

So can anybody help me with my prob of getting sufficient heated water to my prospective shower - i am realistic in that i don't like too hot a shower - i.e. like my skin to stay on and not be peeled off with heat and am happy that the jets are like a normal shower pressure though do like a reasonable flow but don't need to be pummeled or have my skin pressure washed off!!! :)

any help guidance would be appreciated - Thanks Anthony

Sponsored Links
Is there any where that you can site an oil [or LPG] tank, and thereby allow an oil-fired [or LPG-fired] combi to be installed?

unfortunately no im not able to either of those ( my neighbour would go off his trolley if i even mentioned the idea of a tank in our communal garden!!) :D Hence my frustration

but i like your thinking - since i hate to be beaten by a problem

Cheers Anthony

Every problem has a solution.

The traditional (political) answer to your type of problem is to present your neighbour with what you claim you'd like to do, that being a monstrous and conspicuous tank in his permanent line of view.

You let him stew on that for a day, then announce plan B, which is a better solution (but which is the one you actually want) that is a lot smaller and neater.

The idea of this is that he'll be so relieved at the lesser evil and at your willingness to consider his feelings, that he'll then cooperate with something that he wouldn't have if you'd suggested it in the first place.

You can of course draw up a legal agreement within which you (and subsequent title-holders) covenant to remove the tank the minute that a better alternative becomes available.

Sponsored Links
A Rinnai multi-point water heater. Can go outside. They have LPG versions. When natural gas is run in easily converted.

had a quick look at the aforementioned heater looks a nice piece of kit and reasonably priced etc (8.7kw) but unfortunately same problem siting it would be a problem since my downstairs neighbour is far from helpful and would find a way of accidently disconnecting it even if it has to be caged as i believe all of these do now - but thanks for the input

Hell who would of thought heating some water and pushing it through some little holes at a resonable pressure would create such a connundrum ... anyway still open to more ideas

cheers Anthony www.sandokai.co.uk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back