Help - incorrect system water pressure -ferroli maxima 35 c

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone
I know nothing about boilers, but am thoroughly fed up with this one !
I have been in this house just six weeks and the boiler is just 2 years old. Perpetually the water pressure drops to below the recommended 1.0 bar when I turn on the taps, and as a consequence the system shuts down. Just when you really need a hot bath too !

I have read the manual til I am blue in the face and nowhere do I see how to solve F37 insufficient water pressure. It says "raise it to 1.0" but nowhere does it say how !!!

Does anyone out there know. I suspect its a common problem a few of you seem to have it. I think that Ferroli should sort this out, but at just 2 years old, and no sight of a guarantee anywhere, I wonder who should pay for the engineers time, I think it should be Ferroli ? I wonder if the woman who lived here moved as a result, as it does drive you crazy, when you cannot see how to fix it, written anywhere at all in the manual.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot. Sue

Sponsored Links
have a look around for the systems filling loop it could be anywhere tho, so have a look around all areas in close proximity to the boiler, the filling loop is usually a metal braided hose with either a lever or a slot on a chromed valve, good luck

Thank you so much, I never expected a reply. Its isolating being alone with a boiler - one of those times when you need someone with DIY knowledge, so many thanks. Sue

Sponsored Links
Hi
Very many thanks David for your thoughts on the boiler situation.
I dont know if it is a hole plate or not, but cant wait for 8am to get onto Ferolli. The boiler is only just 2 years old but I know thats no measure of faulty equipment !
This morning the hot water in the bathroom was great and I checked the digital reading and it was at 7, then when trying to wash up my breakfast things in the kitchen the water was icy - just 10 minutes after it was hot upstairs. So I go on being confused. I notice that the digital reading fluctuates from .4 to 1.1 with no rhyme or reason I can see. I think the whole system needs rebalancing and I am thinking of getting an engineer over from Ferolli. I live in a small mews of just 12 houses and we have a residents committee and I am told by someone who lives just a few doors away that no one yet has got to grips with the mysteries of the heating, some having moved in when the houses were built in December 2006 !
So what chance do I have. A tutorial might be the answer for the majority of us. I think the builder of these houses was far too ambitious as we also cant work out the fancy windows..............we struggle to open them !
I may be blonde but I didnt see myself as stupid ! All sent to try us.
Thanks for your response. Sue

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back