Help increasing boiler water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'd be grateful for a hand with this.

I need to increase the boiler water pressure following some radiator bleeding that was necessary. I can't work out how to do it for our setup (we moved here in November and it's different to what I'm used to).

We have a good plumber who would've increased the pressure when he fitted radiator valves for us, emptying the system in the process. But I didn't watch how he did it and hope I don't need his assistance for something which should be able to be done by the householder.

This is what it looks like.
IMG_20140215_121708.jpg

The wall on the left holds the water pipe coming in, and to the right is the gas coming in. As it may be difficult to work things out I recorded two videos showing everything and those are here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2qq5isuSrc&feature=youtube_gdata_player
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1gOIai-db4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hope some kind soul can help! Thank you. If it's the left screw/slit towards the top of the U-shaped piping, we're probably in trouble because it appears damaged such that I can't turn it with a screwdriver.

Sponsored Links
sadly the one you need to open to increase the pressure is the damaged isolator - do you have a broader bladed flathead screwdriver?

Thanks newboy,

Aw, I'm screwed then, if you'll excuse the pun. I can't get it to turn with my most appropriate screwdriver so will get the plumber out.

Thanks again.

Turn the mains off by the stop cock and change the ballafix, the other side of the flexi has a check valve so very little or no water will leak from the check valve.

Sponsored Links
Cheers easyflow (I bold-ed the first responder so had best keep it going!). So that's what it's called. Good idea, I'm going to pick one up tomorrow and try this and report back to base :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back