HELP! Micro bore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am about to fit an underfloor heating system to my new conservatory ( hep20 underfloor heating conservatory pack ) it basically works as an extra rad and uses a restrictor valve on the return to ensure the water is the right temp.

Now my prob is my house has microbore fitted down stairs and what looks like normal pipe upstairs ( haven't got a measure handy ). I thought it had micorbore all over, so basically how do I connect the UFH to the flow and return.

I have done some research and read about manifolds in a full micro bore system but I have half and half, now Im a bit confused.

Is it better to connect under the floor boards up stairs where the system has the full pipe diameter and then run the pipes down the conservatory wall/outside ( which will be plastered ). Or connect onto the microbore downstairs, but where would the manifold be?

I have 2 rads downstairs and 3 upstairs ( 2 are never on ).

HELP!

Sponsored Links
You need to bring the new flow and return pipes to join the larger diameter F&R pipes from the boiler, typically where they are still 22mm diameter. Otherwise you may find the underfloor heating competing with existing rads for the available flow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back