Help - my UPVC windows are making noises...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i wonder if anyone can help shed any light, on one really annoying noise!?!

We recently bought our first house, which is that of a renovation job (victorian mid terrace). One of the best things about the property, is that the previous owners, despite neglecting the house in all mannor of ways, had forked out for some lovely dark wood effect UPVC windows, that are fitted throughout.

The issue we have only seems to affect the windows in the main bedroom which is south facing, generally if the sun is shining or if the windows have recently been shut then they start to make creaking sounds. it's really random, and hard to describe. We can't figure out why the noise is occuring - as we don't seem to be having this issue with any of the others?

Can anyone shed any light as to what the cause may be, or what we need to be looking for... Any help is appreciated!

Jenn

:)

Sponsored Links
The heat is causing them to expand. Then they contract and the whole thing starts again. Dark frames are worse than white for it.

Absolutely right, Wood grain windows are a nightmare and as for doors, I'll never fit another door thats likely to get ANY sun, I've had to re toe and heel doors were the butyl has been re melted because of the heat build up causing the door to drop!

Years ago door panels were not made to accomadate the heat and used to warp, I saw a panel that had bowed by 7 inches on a panel makers work bench..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back