Help! Myson Compact CP53 Central heating pump wiring.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me with this?

Don't ask me how, but I've managed to rip the plastic control box off the side of my central heating pump. :oops: I now have six wires with spade connectors hanging out of the pump and no idea where they connect to on the control box.

The wires are coloured red, white, blue, black, brown and purple. The underside of the control box has numbered connecting lugs as well as live and neutral ones.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram or even the same pump they can have a look at? I'd really appreciate any help!

Thanks in advance,

-Laurie.

Sponsored Links
Scuse me if I giggle a bit. I've got a seized pump in't van so I'll pull it apart. But how the heck......?

ChrisR said:
Scuse me if I giggle a bit. I've got a seized pump in't van so I'll pull it apart. But how the heck......?

Well, since you asked... :)

I'd just replaced the 3-port valve which is directly above the pump. When I tightened the bottom connector on the valve, the pipe and gate valve at the top of the pump rotated slightly, causing a slight leak from between the gate valve and the pump. I was twisting it back into place and had hold of the pump by its plastic box when it all went horribly wrong! :(

If you could have a look at your seized pump I'd be very grateful! My other half is not too pleased about the prospect of having no hot water in the morning (the immersion element is knackered as well!)

-Laurie.

There's a thead at the mo on Plumbing Pages entitled "cock ups". Doesn't help you though you may derive some relief - and your contribution would be appropriate! And you will get more replies.
Dismantled aforementioned pump - sorry in about 1990 the pumps plastic boxes were connected to the windings etc by a 6 way connector. How old is yours??
I'll try a different one.... watch this space

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I've now posted to plumbing pages as well.

My pump is probably from 1996 or there abouts (that's when the house was built anyway).

Thanks for looking at your pump for me - shame it wasn't quite the same as mine. Have you got another you can look at then?

Thanks again,

-Laurie.

Have taken a few apart during the evening - sorry none like yours!!

You might be better off mending your immersion heater and calling Circulating Pumps Ltd 01553 764821 (formerly made Myson branded pumps) on Monday!

here is the wiring scheme if u still need it.......
1 = red 2 = white 3 = brown 4 = blue 5 = mauve/purple L = Brown. The number 3 pin takes its brown wire from the second live pin (L). The black wire goes to the N pin. There should be a green earth wire that connects from earth terminal to the metal body of the pump . the 2 white capacitor wires should be already soldered to their 2 pins which are pin 5 (mauve/purple) from edgee of capacitor The white from central position on the capacitor goes to neutral (N) . i am not an expert but I recently bought an un-used Myson CP53 cheap at a boot sale - Not yet installed but seems to be in un-tampered state

For how cheap a new pump is, less than £30 for your make, I would replace it. It is after all over 10 years old.

i would hope it's fixed by now or his wife will have moved out with no heating or hot water for over 5 years

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back