HELP NEED TO DRAIN MY PARKRAY BACK BOILER & RETAIN HOT W

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to drain my Parkray Back Boiler but can't work out where it's fed from. I have a single tank in the loft and what appears to be an indirect or primatic cylinder - the only pipes coming from the cylinder are the hot water 15mm and what appears to be 2 X 22mm from the heat exchanger. I have checked everywhere and cannot find any cold water feed to that tops up the back boiler. It's obviously getting a feed from somewhere as when I shut off the header tank - [remember there is only ONE and this apparently only feeds the cylinder] I can drain the back boiler. It then fills up again when I open the header tank. There are NO pipes from the cylinder except the 2 x 22mm & 15mm hot tap feeds. I'm stumped can anybody throw any light on where the back boiled is being fed from ??? HELP

Sponsored Links
if its a primatic cylinder and only one header tank they both feed off that one tank.
a primatic cylinder don't have a coil seperating the dhw and the water running aound your boiler/rads they have a air bubble.
you'll notice aswell you only have one vent/feed pipe.

you drain one you drain the lot on a primatic.

I need to drain my Parkray Back Boiler but can't work out where it's fed from. I have a single tank in the loft and what appears to be an indirect or primatic cylinder - the only pipes coming from the cylinder are the hot water appears to be 2 X 22mm from the heat exchanger. ??? HELP
28 mm or 1inch surely :confused: anyways, no way round it I`m afraid.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back