Help on bathrooms please and water pressure!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Would be really grateful for any advice anyone can give on the following please. My fiancée is a builder, and excellent as he is, he has redone the bathrooms in my house, but there are a couple of problems.

1. En-suite, I removed a crappy old corner shower which was totally knackered and we finally replaced it with a really good one, he got for me. Ex-showroom. All fine, but the problem was, the shower I removed, had really good water pressure and the one he's put in doesn't. (Even though he's fitted a pump to the cistern in the loft). I can't understand why it's not gushing out?

2. Main bathroom, after a year of waiting, he has finally installed my new bath. Same problem, the water pressure was really good, although I removed a Jacuzzi bath with pump, which had stopped working due to a trip switch we didn't even know we had behind the bath. Now the new bath is in a dribble of hot water comes out to fill the bath up.

I have said that's ridiculous, we need to get a plumber in, he has argued we need a combi-boiler which will give us the right pressure.

Although I don't understand plumbing at all, I can't see how we had good pressure in both cases and now we don't, and from what I've seen written a combi boiler isn't necessarily the answer.

Can we somehow refit the "superflow whirlpool Jacuzzi pump" back under the bath to increase pressure or won't that work without a Jacuzzi bath?

Sorry for being so naïve about this business but it seems ridiculous that it used to work properly and now it doesn't now. He hasn't yet connected up the shower section above the bath, so I expect that will have a similar problem.

(We have a rather old "Concord WRS" boiler, which does need replacing, but we don't have the money at the moment.)

Any advice gratefully received - thanks so much! :confused:

Sponsored Links
You may have a partial airlock from when he drained the system down, if you have any mixer taps in your house wrap a sponge in a cloth and place it over the tap, open the hot tap first then the cold for about 10-15 seconds, this will force mains pressured cold water through the hot water pipework forcing any air back up into the Cistern above, hope it helps.. No you
Can't use te jacuzzi pump.

Hi,

Thanks so much for your quick response! :)

I've tried that and it didn't do anything.

I did read somewhere on another post that "Italian" mixer taps didn't work for some reason, I wonder if this is the problem, as I bought mine from bathrooms.com and it was a "Toscana" mono bath/shower mixer.

Anyone got any thoughts on this, or should I just opt for trying to install another pump?

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back