Help! One rad is cold on a new system install

Simply summing it up, a cheap job cutting as many corners as possible to finish as soon as possible and get your money :eek: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Thats such a pity!

For half of that price I could have done a proper job and guaranteed that it woudl work properly.

Tony

Tony do bare in mind that I would consider our house to be fairly sizeable compared to most typical houses and perticularly newer builds. We have 14 rads and pritty generous sized rooms so from an amatures view Im sure this would add abit of cost for extra pipe. But honestly, I think you will all be shocked at the state some of this has been left. Watch out for my post tomorrow afternoon!

And also... it depends how this conversation on tuesday goes... you may well still have the opportunity to do a proper job! lol. Its just the problem is the guy can clearly talk the talk and as our original boiler which was against numerous building and corgi regs which was bodged and left us shafted, this guy made a real impression and quickly built rappour and did not at all give us the impression that he was such a poor worksman. Its a shame it turned out that he just couldnt walk the walk, and equally and more disapointingly is its people like this that give the trade on the hole a bad name, and Im starting to understand why some people may opt to pay British Gas £10k+ (We were quoted £12.5K for our house) to get their install done, even if local traders would do it at a fraction of the cost!

Depending on the layout of the house I would usually estimate on the basis of about £100 per rad for the pipework.

Typically,

Copper pipe £120

6 man days £1200

Travel London £90

TOTAL £1410

Communication £90

Total £1500

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back