Help Optima G3 Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Power cut set alarm off. entering user code switched alarm off as expected. But when setting alarm later alarm activated and was unable to switch off by entering user code. Only way I could deactivate alarm was by switching off mains supply to alarm. Have now reset to factory settings all tests OK Except walk test. which gives high sounder volume not low as before and does not appear to be sensing my PIR's.when I attempt to switch alarm on by user code it goes into what appears to be Walk Test sounder low volume and sensing all PIR's I can return to day mode from here by entering user code. completly at a loss tried all I can think of> any Help welcome Regards Gary

Sponsored Links
alright gary. how many zones are you using on your system? because on the G3 panels you have to disable zones you are not using through the engineer side. when you walk test they all are active unless you have disabled them. from memory to do this you

press PROG
engineer code
press number 5 - then all zone lights flash
then you press the zone number you want to disable. once you have done this zones 1 will be on. which indicates the zone is active. you then press 0 to disable the zone.
then press RESET- this will take you back to the all zones flashing. so you can disable other zones.
then disable other zones you don`t need.
when your finished just press RESET till your back to day mode.

also when you switched the power off to the panel you said the system went dead. this shouldn`t happen, normally it would go to the battery backup to support the system, so it was still working. so you also need to get yourself a new battery if this didn`t happen.

cheers Dirk....

Dirk thanks mate have now disabled inactine zones changed battery all OK now Thanks mate

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back