Help please Camray 5 oil boiler 90 Hot water No heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody help? My boiler is playing silly bugs. I have hot water but don't have heating. We only have heating if we manually switch the valve over between water and heating. ( the one behind the actuator) We did call a boiler repair man who said it must be the actuator that is faulty, he came and changed it, but did not bother to check that that was definitely it. Of course sods law it has not solved the problem. When the actuator is on we get hot water only, even switching the actautor over to manual does not bring the heating on as it automatically buzzes its way back to auto again. the only way to get heating we have to take the actuator off completely and turn the valve manually. Can anybody shed any light as it took 3 weeks to get the boiler bloke to come out and now hes away on holiday.
Anybody please help? It would be much appreciated. kindest regards Michelle

Sponsored Links
Now that he has "fixed" it and has taken your money he is under an obligation to get it right, and probably for no further cost. Don't believe anything else he may tell you.

One thing he did not do I suspect, is give you a piece of paper explaining your rights under the doorstep selling regulations, October 2008. He has thus committed an offence, regardless of whether you invited him to call or not. The only way out for him, is if he quoted a price to you before he called.

You now have him by the short and curlys. Trading standards would be a good stick to brandish.

I know this does not fix your boiler, but there are several possibilities for the fault, and someone really needs to see it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back