Help Please Combi Confusion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having work done on the house and am keen to ensure the heating system is future proof and I choose the right boiler.

Current Set-up

Large 5 bed period drafty House, 1 bathroom, Poor Performing Potterton 80 Suprimma (cuts out, doesn't heat all the rads), Hot Water Cylinder, Storage Tank, Low Pressure due to location and no pump.

New Set-up

We are binning the bath and focusing on a nice shower only, this will have a 10in plus rose and I want high high pressure.

I have 3.5 Bar from the mains.

The question is

If i put 3.5 bar in to a Combi will I get 3.5 bar out (i understand the pipe work to the shower will reduce this abit)?

I will be building another shower/bath in 5 years time so I would want the boiler to be able to support another shower and/or bath.

We do not want massive changes in pressure and temp when someone uses the kitchen tap for example.

Can a Combi do all this? If so which one?

Flow rates I have been looking at 38kw / 15.6 Litres Per Min and above.

Please help me, i am confused by various people saying big Combi's can do this or No only storage tank would work?

Many thanks for reading this.

B

Sponsored Links
Better off with an unvented cylinder and a system boiler ,IMO.

There are Combi boilers that will deliver up to 25 litres per minute,

http://www.ethosboilers.co.uk/products_54c.php

but you are into unknown territory with these and technical stuff with the gas supply and or meter having to be upgraded.

Most Combi boilers will struggle with a ten inch shower rose you really do need a pump/unvented set up with that.

Many thanks for your response,

Thats what I feared.

Is that the general consensus on the forum?

Thanks

B

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back