Help please - Glow Worm boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a GW Fuelsaver 25-30 in a fully pumped system. The pump is running, valves are open, pilot light is lit, boiler stat is set but the main burner won't fire up. I have wired out the thermocouples for test purposes and there is 18v ac at the control valve. Is this too low as I believe the valve is rated 24v? Sometimes there is a rapid clicking from the solenoid. Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
Mike_D said:
I have a GW Fuelsaver 25-30 in a fully pumped system. The pump is running, valves are open, pilot light is lit, boiler stat is set but the main burner won't fire up. I have wired out the thermocouples for test purposes and there is 18v ac at the control valve. Is this too low as I believe the valve is rated 24v? Sometimes there is a rapid clicking from the solenoid. Any ideas please?

Have you cured this? If not I had the same callout a few days ago same symptoms....replaced programmer - Sorted......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back