HELP!! Potterton Netaheat keeps cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Neatheat Electronic and it seems to keep cutting out. We have no heating but there is still hot water. If we put the temp up to full it will light up for a few minutes then cut out. We have had problems with 2 radiators, which have been cold at the top, we have tried to bleed them but on one of them the valve snapped off making it impossible to open and the other one is stuck tight, so could the problem be air in the system?
Can any one help????

Sponsored Links
If it's overheating due to air so keeping itself off, it'll be making more bubbling and banging noises than usual - ?

If the neataheat is piped up for gravity hot water and pumped CH & you have hot water it sound like the circulating pump is faulty

it is a noisey system i'm not sure if its got any worse though, the pipes seem to make a lot of noise, especially when you stand on certain floorboards. Is there any thing i can do myself if it is air?

Sponsored Links
Your probably right Cozzmic, when we had our bathroom fitted last year the plumber did say we might need to get a new pump, i guess it might be time to call him?? Do you have any ideas on how to open the bleed valve that is stuck on one of the radiators, have tried oil and different tools

Some bleed vlaves are screwed in, so can be changed. If you turn the rad off both ends first you won't get very wet. If you can get at the bleed valve in the meantime with a fine saw (like a "Junior Eclipse") and make a slot across it, you'll probably be able to get it turned OK with a screwdriver. Make sure the slot is deep enough to be strong enough!

Can you get to your pump?

then undo the big screw, poke flat screwdriver in and turn. Does it go round? It'll dribble.

Ok, took the big screw out and put flat scredriver in, it does go round

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back