help...pressures gone!!

Cei

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can someone help?
I have a britony 80 boiler, the pressure has gone and I have no heating or hot water, could someone please tell me how to turn the pressure up? I cant find the pressure switch and the manual is no help as theres only an air pressure thing and thats just a rubber washer....there is no "stopcock" that I can see, so could someone tell me WHERE this pressure valve is?

Sponsored Links
You're looking for a Filling Loop - see the FAQ.

i think you will find that its a part of the boiler and its a small pipe about 10mm with an in line tap that needs to be turned on with a screwdriver look under the boiler and you should be able to see it dont forget to turn off after its filled up,, but if the pressure has gone you must have a problem with the system some where ?? or its got over pressured and discharged through the 3 bar valve. it could be a perforated diaphram in the pressure vessel or a leak on the central heating system some where, you will soon know when you fill it up if it fills and runs then the pressure suddenly goes up over 3 bar then its the vessel and it will prob need replacing , or you might get away with a recharge to 0.5 bar it can be recharged with a bike pump
and you will need a pressure gauge as well to check it
best of luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back