Help with a choice of a shower please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have just had a new boiler installed a Worcester 30 SI gas condensing combi- boiler and currently I have a Mira Gem 88 as a shower. The problem I have is the flow of water in the shower is either hot or cold :cry:.

Could you please advice me on the choice of a shower which will give me a constant balanced temperature and full flow of water. I have narrowed down the choice of shower into the following:

Combiflow EV surface mounted model.
Combiforce 415 mixer shower.
Excel mixer shower.

Many thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
The person who installed your boiler should have advised you regarding your existing shower, perhaps it's not to late to give them a call.

The person who installed your boiler should have advised you regarding your existing shower, perhaps it's not to late to give them a call.

Thank you for your reply Tryitandsee. My plumber is away for the next 6 months in Spain and I really do need to get my shower fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Looked up Mira web site.

The Mira Gem 88 is suitable for installation with the following packages:-
- Gravity fed systems (balanced pressure hot and cold)
- Pumped systems (balanced pressure hot and cold)
- Unvented thermal store * (balanced pressure hot and cold)
- Unvented systems * (balanced pressure hot and cold)
* Fitted with a pressure reducing valve (PRV) recommended to be set at 3.5 bar.
The Mira Gem 88 is not suitable for mains pressure (cold) with gravity pressure
(hot) or combination boilers/instantaneous water heaters.

That answered my next question of whether your existing shower works with a combi. I can't help with any recommendations as to which shower to choose, others will help. But I should think looks count just as much as manufactures stated use with combi's and the availability of parts.

Mira Excel is excellent - have fitted three this year and all customers happy. Aqualisa Quartz also very nice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back