Help with combi boiler timer switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need help to wire up my combi boiler's new timer switch.

The boiler is a Vaillant VCW 242 EB and the timer switch is a sunvic select 107.

I have the following connections on the timer switch

1. mains N
2. mains L
3. com
4. off
5. on

The roomstat goes directly to the boiler and works fine.

I need to wire the boiler so the timer does what it is suppose to do by switching the boiler off when not required.

Obviously the mains is not a problem, but I'm a bit lost what and how to do the connection that feeds the boiler.

Help will be appriciated.

Thanks

Waldo :p

Sponsored Links
Demand connection to the boiler remains through the r/stat. Switch supply from clock will need to connect to appropriate terminal on roomstat.

Sponsored Links
Look, I'm a newly trained plumber and I'm trying to learn how to do it. So, there is no point in getting someone else to do it, surely it's not rocket science as it only has 5 connections.

Please can you take 2 min to explain to me.

N - Neutral
L - Live
3 on boiler to com programmer
3 on programmer to com on stat
stat to 4 on boiler.

Look, I'm a newly trained plumber and I'm trying to learn how to do it. So, there is no point in getting someone else to do it, surely it's not rocket science as it only has 5 connections.

Please can you take 2 min to explain to me.

Don't get shirty with me, I tried to help you. It's not my fault you call yourself a tradesman yet fail with terminology even a DIYer can understand.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back