Help with Halstead Finest Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have currently got the above gas boliler and its stared giving me a few problems. If i have the central heating on constant and put the hot water tap on they will both work fine. If i then put my central heating on timed (on period) and then turn my hot tap on, the safety lock out will come into place. I've spoken to a gas fitter over the phone who thinks it may be an electrical fault, have anyone came across this before?

Sponsored Links
Doesn't really make sense. Whether the timer is on Constant or just timed and ON, the boiler gets the same signal, so it really doesn't know the difference.
Does the HW work if the CH is OFF?
Exactly when does the boiler lock out? ie if the CH is on and the boiler is firing for that, and you tun a tap on, does it go straight to lockout?
Does the light flash or is it on continuously?

The HW works when the central heating is off. The boiler only locks out when the CH is on (working) and when you turn the hot tap on it locks out. Does not lock out straight away, maybe a few mins then locks out. The light is a continuous red light. Also does not do it all the time,, starting to be a pain though

After "a few mins" on HW it wouldn't know whether it had been doing CH or not, cos it doesn't actually do both at once.

Can't think of anything other than a dodgy pcb. £££.

APS's block - corgi job.

Sponsored Links
Halsteads tend to lock out through the venturi being blocked try cleaning that and the sensing tubes before splashing the cash on a new board.

Halsteads tend to lock out through the venturi being blocked try cleaning that and the sensing tubes before splashing the cash on a new board.

Should you really be suggesting that a DIYer touch anything within the gas train?

Tony

ChrisR, Tony- There are many arguemnents about DIY or Corgi for gas, my opinions fall on the Corgi side of the arguement.

Op- please read my comment as though you should have a corgi clean the fan and sensing tubes before splashing the cash on a board.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back