Help with hive installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening all,
I just purchased the hive heating and hot water system. My heating system is a convenional system with ea water tank and header tank in the loft. There are 2 wires running to the thermostat, which I belive I need to connect together.

I have attached pictures of the honeywell heating controler. I would be very greatfull if someone could point me to the right direction of how to wire up my new controller.

Many thanks

John

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    195.3 KB · Views: 146
Sponsored Links
I am puzzled a bit why you are asking, because you have a diagram of the existing wires shown in your photo, and I assume you have the Hive instructions, so it's just a matter of connecting the wires at the old programmer to the terminals that have the same function at the Hive, as follows:

Honeywell Wiring from Photo
N and L are self explanatory
Terminal 3 = Heating on
Terminal 6 = Hot water on

If you look at your Hive wiring diagram for the dual channel version you will see where the wires need to go

Hive Dual Channel Wiring from Instructions
N and L are self explanatory
Heating on = Hive terminal 4
Hot water on = Hive terminal 3

There are 2 wires running to the thermostat, which I believe I need to connect together.
If you are referring to the existing room thermostat, that is correct. [The Hot water cylinder thermostat remains as it is]

You don't need to add any wire links with the Hive, it has them made internally for you.

Thanks Stem, the biggest part I wasn't sure about, was regarding the live links that were in my controller. I thought I had read that the hive had internal links.

Anyway, I had bad luck. I installed it, everything was fine for about 10 minutes, then a red light came on the receiver. I turned the power off to reboot, it worked again for 10 minutes, then red light again.

I phoned hive, they said it needed a software update, which they did. It didn't work, so I phoned them again. They said I must have a faulty receiver. Gutted, :cry::cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back