Help with Honeywell CM927 room thermostat installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton performa 28 combi boiler that currently has no external room thermostat, which means I have to keep turning the boiler on and off at the unit to control temperature. I would like to add a Honeywell CM927 room thermostat as I have heard good reports on this product. My question is, looking through the Potterton service manual I see on the circuit diagram 230V volts pass through the external switch, and that it states that the stat must be suitable for 230V switching.
Wiring diagram from boiler.

I have now read the CM927 specs and would like it if someone could confirm whether this external switch will be compatible with the boiler. The bit that concerns me most is that on the stat specs it mentions that the unit switch type is SPDT potential free?

If it is compatible can I just confirm that I would just take off the bridge between 1 and 2 on the boiler diagram and wire in the switch to these terminals. Would I also need to take a live and neutral feed off the boiler to power the stats clock etc? as it appears this is the case in the stat wiring diagrams but not the boiler. Many thanks for any help that is offered and sorry if this belongs in the electrical forums, but just thought there may be some people that fit these in CH forums.

Sponsored Links
Yes, you're right, all ok.

You might well find that the Live to the boiler is the same as the Live which goes out on terminal 1. Try a resistance meter with the boiler disconnected, or scour the manual/ boiler itself, or call baxi tech and wait half an hour.

If it's a remote thermostat, make sure you put the transmitter somewhere sensible...

OK, thanks would I be right in thinking that the L and N feed from the stat would connect to the right hand side of the boiler connector block after the 2 amp fuse?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back