Help with hot water supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , i am replacing a automatic airvent , i cut the pipe and the hot water pupmed out i managed to get the speedfit end cap on , now when i am running the hot tap to try to drain it is just trickling out , it will only come out from one tap and it is very slow . Prior to this i turned water of at the mains and the two valves i have in the cupboard were the imersion heater is . Is it a case of waiting to the trickle of hot stops before i try to change the air vent . Thanks

Sponsored Links
What part of the system is the AAV attached to - is it the boiler circuit?

Hi , i am replacing a automatic airvent , i cut the pipe
what pipe ?

Prior to this i turned water of at the mains and the two valves
what two valves ?
. Is it a case of waiting to the trickle of hot stops before i try to change the air vent . Thanks

can't see you having a air vent on the hw supply
when you've got a vent pipe.

Yes , we have a back boiler for central heating , and we also have a electric imersion heater. I have managed to completely change a toilet and bath with no problem , i am panicking a bit now , dont want to take the spedfit connecter of in case i get drowned again .

Sponsored Links
I think a might have to call a plumber, every time i try to remove the connecter it still comes out pretty quick , their is no more water coming out of the taps .

have you got a pic of where your trying to put the aav as it seems you may be draining the wrong part

In the picture were you see the white cap that is were the old air vent came off . I will try to get a pic from underneath .
GALLERY]

on the first pic above the pipe on the left that gos upwards where does that go ?

i got it drained i used a hose pipe and attached to the pipe and run it off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back