Help with Ideal Isar HE30 - burner flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I had an Isar HE30 installed by British Gas 14 months ago and it has recently started playing up. Although the dhw is working normally, the ch will not start.

Although I have no apparent leaks and all taps are closed the boiler is displaying d at rest and not 0.

It has a wireless transmitter which is set to full and heating set to always on.

I have tried:
> turning power off on unit > It flashes S then t then d then c but the c only lasts for about 15 seconds. It seems to start burning intensely but then fades away to silent and the burner light starts flashing. Attempts to do this several times then stops and justs returns back to display d.
> turning power off at mains for 30 secs > same as above.

This is happening each night now, sometimes if I'm lucky resetting about 7 times seems to fix it but at the moment I can't get it back on.

Really appreciate any help.

Sponsored Links
Sorry, haven't much clue.

If it's absolutely fine for HW though, it's either
the call for heat from your wireless doobrie
CH thermistor
PCB
Diverter/flow switch stuck on HW

The codes you give don't appear in the Ideal manual - good, innit - so I fear the worst - the pcb.

Under the boiler, turn off the cold water inlet tap.

See if d goes off, if so proves you have a leak somewhere.

As these boilers use the cold inlet water temp as a flow switch, the slightest drip on the hot can 'lock' them onto DHW.

Also try turning it off at the wall for 30 secs.

Sponsored Links
Hi everyone. First off I really appreciate you helping me out!

Well for some reason teh boiler appears to have sorted itself. The display now displays 0 at rest (which is good), and the c (central heating) is now correctly firing and staying on when needed. I can only assume the boiler was struggling to maintain the hot water temperature in the colder weather (I do have the boiler in an outhouse which has very little insulation).

I did change the batteries in the wireless thermostat (British Gas RC1) and either that or the warmer weather has fixed whatever problem I was having.

Thanks again for your responses, fingers crossed it shouldn't repeat!

Olly

Typical Isar :eek:

The code you mentioned earlier, 'S', is actually a 5. This, upon switch on, denotes that it is an Isar HE30.

Each model has a different number as dictated by the jumper settings on the pcb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back