Help with Vaillant Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Vaillant EcoMax boiler. There is a continual drip coming from a part inside the unit. I have emailed a picture to Vaillant and we have identified it as a Diverter Valve, No 252457.

Is this part serviceable to avoid the replacement cost? Are there washers etc inside that may be worn / damaged that I can replace or do I have to bite the bullet and buy a new valve - £60 - £100 online...

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
You really need to identify to us where the leak is from!

Posting a photo here would help

If you are not engaging an engineer and hoping to do a DIY repair then paying 60-100 pounds for the part seems to be a pretty cheap option to me!

Tony

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The leak is coming from a small hole in the diverter valve shown by the screwdriver (the hole looks like it is supposed to be there).

The replacement of the part looks pretty straight forward, and I will pay the £60 - £100 if I have to, I was just looking to make sure it was not a case of swapping out a 5p washer!

Thanks

Just looked on my laptop and there isn't a service kit for this. If its the connections, you only need 3 3/4 washers, but if it's the spindle you need to replace the whole valve.

Sponsored Links
You'll need a whole valve if the spindle gland is leaking. 2x washers and the O ring and clip for the DHE come in the box. Water quality may have led to the DV leaking in the first place, so add some inhibitor to prevent a repeat!

No one would normally do it but I expect it is possible to replace a shaft seal if you could get one.

But in commercial boiler repairs its not worthwhile to get into repairing parts like that.

Please take heed of the need to clean the system or you will get the same thing happening again!

Tony

be carefull to make sure you hook the motor spindle onto the diverter spindle when you screw the actuator back on or you'll only get hot water OR central heating when you fire it up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back