help with wiring of PIR sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
i already have a switched outside light and want to put up another light but this time triggered by a PIR sensor.

if i run the power from the existing light to the new light with the sensor then i presume i will loose the ability to switch the existing outside light off and on,

Therefore if i want to retain the ability to switch the outside light off and on, do i have to run the new light triggered by the PIR sensor from a separate power supply.

Sponsored Links
It will need it's own supply and I think you already realise this.

Is there a supply nearer to where you want this new light fitting placed. you could always run a fused spur with a 3 amp rated fuse to supply this off your ring.

Chivers7 said:
It will need it's own supply and I think you already realise this.

Is there a supply nearer to where you want this new light fitting placed. you could always run a fused spur with a 3 amp rated fuse to supply this off your ring.
thanks chivers7 there is a supply near one of the lights i wish to run with a PIR sensor, however the lights at the front of the house are more of a problem in that i have four outside lights controlled with one switch and no visble means of creating its own supply,however if thats whats needed then i will see what can be done or found
Ivan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back