Help with y plan please.

Every heating engineer worth his salt, should be able to wire up heating systems.

More training required me thinks??

Sponsored Links
I still fancy a system error and reverse circulation. In your position I would concentrate on where the additional rads have been connected.

I will go for a wiring error ;) either the cylinder stat isin't moving the valve back to hot water only or the programmer hot water off connection is missing or connected wrongly.

I will go for a wiring error ;) either the cylinder stat isin't moving the valve back to hot water only or the programmer hot water off connection is missing or connected wrongly.

Like the theory, but it would need power on the grey to hold it in the last position.

If I had a Chrystal ball, I would say, one or more rads is being turned off, maybe one of the additional rads in and infrequently used room, so there's no back flow until its turned on. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Every heating engineer worth his salt, should be able to wire up heating systems.

More training required me thinks??

Thanks for that . Im not part P and work with my sparks all the time to share the work load. I would like to be able to do some more wiring and get my part p eventualy..........but its time and its mid heating season .Most of my works are combi swaps and he even wires up the programmers and room stats on those (Honeywell cmt927). I can do them but im not part P. The most important thing is that its done by the book and up to regs so if i get a gas safe inspection its all there.

Like the theory, but it would need power on the grey to hold it in the last position.

If I had a Chrystal ball, I would say, one or more rads is being turned off, maybe one of the additional rads in and infrequently used room, so there's no back flow until its turned on. :LOL:

Thanks for your help i know time is at a premium. There have been no call backs and have contacted them and its not happened since the last visit. All the rads were open so its not as if the closed rads were diverting else where. The only thing i could think of is that she had been messing about with the programmer and not realised that the heating was on. Like i say i havnt been able to replicate the fault and i have tried a few times. I will post back if it happens again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back