High ceilings - mouldy - help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have moved into an old fashioned flat and the bathroom does not have an extractor. My bathroom ceiling is fairly high and its recently developed mould (poor ventilation). some of the paint has also started to peel. I am not sure firstly of the following:

1. should i scrap the ceiling and repaint (how do i get up there?)
2. wash the mould (note peeling paint) and repaint with anti mould paint.

The grouting in my bathroom also seems to be catching mould.

Please can someone help. I have also tried ventilating the bathroom as often as i can. I am renting this flat ... my landlord is leaving everything to me to do and has promised to remburse me.

My bathroom is becoming a high maintenance issue. please can you help :cry:

Sponsored Links
Try sponging off the mould with a warm water & bleach solution, when dry scrape off the loose flaky areas & sand lightly to 'feather-out' the edges or if you want a smooth un-marked finish skim ligtly with Tetrion or Red Devil Onetime filler... apply a couple of coats of oil-based eggshell - its tough & steam-proof ...
( Bathroom paint is just silk or satin emulsion with 20% added to the price ;) )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back