Hive 2 Wiring for an S Plan system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am considering fitting a Hive 2 Active heating and a Hive 2 Zone heating, I have two Honey well valves to operate each zone and they require an input of 240 volts to activate and call for the combi boiler to turn on, can any one confirm if I provide a link from LS to connection 1 (com) this will allow connection 3 to provide 240 volts from the Hive module, many thanks Mark

Sponsored Links
You have 2 valves, correct? 1 for heating and 1 for hot water? Or 2 for heating and 1 for hot water? Or just 2 for heating, Multi zone. Is it a combi? If it is, you will need 2 single channel receivers and a stat, and yes link the live to common.

Last edited:
Each valve is for heating, I dont require the hive to support my hit water, one for the house and one for an annex, the hive will allow more easier control, though I need it to provide 240 volts to operate the valve and the Hive instructions dont provide enough information, I have known other systems to work by linking the common to a 240 volt perminent supply to provide that voltage at the signal point, my Honeywell duel zone controler provides 240 v feed to the actuaters and the actuaters switch a microswitch to call for the combi boiler to provide heating, your support is most appreciated, cheers Mark

It's the setup of the hive though.
A dual channel is heating and hot water.
If you have 2 heating zone valves I need 2 hive thermostats.
So as above u need 2x single channel kits. Or a single channel kit and an extra zone kit.
Afaik you cannot link a 2nd thermostat to the 2nd channel of a dual channel.
@petit_pablo?

Sponsored Links
Your specific question about wiring the answer is yes you are correct.
What boiler is it? Worcester?

The boiler is a vaillent turbo max, the boiler is signaled via the valves with an internal microswitch, I have spoken to a friend who advised me the Hive 2 provides a 24 volt signal output at pin 3 to call for heating and this will not provide enough voltage, if I can alter this voltage by linking the common to LS then I have solved the voltage issue on both Hive recievers for the two zones, thank you for your help cheers Mark

If have to check the turbo max wiring. Which model by the way there are a few Variants.
Is the control facia white or black?

The newer (white) will have a 240v output terminals 4&5 I believe without checking.

Vaillent turbomax plus 828E, the boiler is 12 years old cannot complain really good boiler apart from the hot water call for sometimes wont provide hot water and we have to turn boiler off and on agian, we have never been able to sort that issue out, even changed the flow switch with no fix though, I can live with it as it only happens once in a while, the Hive 2 will provide a quality as the annex zone dont have access to the main controler and I need to turn the heating on when requested by the lodger, the hive will allow them to turn the heating on and allow me to monitor they are not leaving the heating on 24/7 at the highest temp, your help has reassured me to purchase the Hive, thank you so much, cheers Mark

So u will have terminals 345 I think it's 3&4 are 230v out and in.

Or you can link live to common in the receiver.

You could run a second heating zone on the Hw channel but wouldn't have temperature control only time control. If you wire in a thermostat between the hive and the zone valve you will have some control over the annex.
At least that's what I think is being asked.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back